Translate

Tuesday 2 June 2020

The Second Book of Samuel Chapter 4 of 24 (To update)


The Second Book of Samuel 

Chapter 4



¹ When Saul's son Ishbaal heard that Abner had died at Hebron, his courage failed, and all Israel was dismayed.


(The Second Book of Samuel Chapter 4 verse 1)


Oh God my Father when the leader or ruler of a group of people loses hope or courage this has a negative impact on its followers. This is why I place my trust in You and feel empowered to do so in full confidence, for Your words are always positive and encouraging. During the time when You were with Your apostles and their boat was caught in a storm and they were terrified of losing their life. You calmed down the situation emphasised that they need not be afraid and restored order Amen. Thank You, Jesus, for being so caring and reliable Amen.


² Saul's son had two captains of raiding bands; the name of the one was Baanah, and the name of the other Rechab. They were sons of Rimmon a Benjaminite from Beeroth for Beeroth is considered to belong to Benjamin.


(The Second Book of Samuel Chapter 4 verse 2)


The name of Baanah which means affliction who was known to be a mighty warrior. The name of the other captain was Rechab which means horsemen or chariot who was also known as being a mighty leader. As Saul had such strong support systems I thank You oh God my Father for all the support that You give me, namely my mother through whom You are giving me the greatest of care love and support Amen.


³(Now the people of Beeroth had fled to Gittaim and are there as resident aliens to this day)


(The Second Book of Samuel Chapter 4 verse 3)


Oh God my Father I pray for so many people in the world who were compelled to flee their homeland in order to safeguard their lives from persecution leading to torture and possible death. To this day oh God my Father this migration is taking place, and I am happy that You gave me the opportunity of working with such people Amen.


⁴Saul's son Jonathan had a son who was crippled in his feet. He was five years old when the news about Saul and Jonathan came from Jezreel. His nurse picked him up and fled; and in her haste to flee, it happened that he fell and became lame, His name was Mephibosheth.


(The Second Book of Samuel Chapter 4 verse 4)


Oh God my Father as You know my ex-wife also fled from home taking my ten years old daughter with her and never coming back. I pray that this situation would not have a crippling effect on my daughter when she grows up or even in the present times Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment